Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Why Adventure travel ( Serengeti/Moshi)


Hi, with all the excitement after 1 yr training & 6 days of climbing to the mountain , it is time to be on the Safari at Serengeti. On the way down our driver told us that Princess Diana had died. None of us believe him & we finally saw on newspaper, well we talked about it , but we had to continue on, We met a Christian
mercenary ( picture above)in a town called Moshi, a couple from Singapore who had devoted their time helping the people in Tanzania. we chatted & we were told of a shop that sells nice hot chicken & of course after gruelsome 6 days climb we did not want to miss the opportunity of eating this chicken. It was quite chilly & I was with my sarung & we found the place for our dinner, sat down & ate, truely enough , it is hot & we were sweating, We had a blast. While I was eating I remembered one important event that makes me feel that I am lucky to be a Malaysian. It happens when we were on the way down from the mountain where there is a kid who begged for a pencil but not money. I asked him why he asked for a pencil, he told me that he wanted to use for his study. Gosh, basic thing & we Malaysians take this thing for granted. So much so for Moshi, will continue with Serengeti ..

No comments:

Post a Comment