Thursday, July 2, 2009

Why Adventure Travel ( Mt Kilimanjaro Climb)

I am going to share with you the most memorable adventuorus travel that I had experienced, to reach the Gillman Point at 5685M , Undescribeable experience , I wish I am on the top of the Mountain but again U can wish, just U are not fated to reach the target. All 3 of us experienced the Mountain sickness at the different terrain height, Again I reached Gillman Point on the 31st aug, Malaysian National Holiday & a day world shall remember, the death of Pincess Diana , Yes i was at Gillman Point on 31st Aug 1997, I hope all of you believe this, again as I promised I will scan the photo for you to see. I am a proud Malaysia holding my Malaysian flag, It was so cold I could hardly able to hold my flag. That is the happiest moment after a 1 yr old training that we had endured. Before this happy moment I will share with you the journey from the base camp. We met a Jewish young guy & he tagged along with us from base camp all the way to the base summit He had just completed conquering another mountain in Kenya & he is going to try conquering Kilimanjaroo, Gees he is so fit , but again we think we will also be like him, We were assigned with guides, yes the guides are paid to bring all our staff, backpack, foods cause we need to stop at a couple of locations in order to get acclimatized to the wheather & the thin air . We walk non-stop depending how far to the place that we wanted to stop, sometimes it takes 3 to 6 hrs, we almost dead tired when we reach the camp, we had a hearty meals & of course a good sleep. I will snooze for the time being, & will continue sharing with you tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.

    Flights to Dar Es Salam

    ReplyDelete