Friday, July 3, 2009

Why Adventure Travel ( Mt Kilimanjaroo 2)

Hi, Part 2 of the journey towards Kilimanjaroo summit , reached the base camp before the final ascend to the top. It was so cold that I cannot sleep at nite. It was torturous everytime that I need to go to the restroom , cause I was wearing everything so thick to ensure to keep me warmth. We were told to be up by 3.00am in the morning & when the time comes 3 of us started our journey up with 2 guides . It is cold, difficult to go up & along the way 1 of us experienced mountain sickness & the guide had to bring her down. 2 of us continued walking & not long after that another one was affected by the mountain sickness, leaving me with to continue the journey up. Our jewish friend was nowhere to be seen. the climb is getting difficult every time until at one stage I cannot lift up my leg, It went in too deep & I had to use all my energy to lift up my leg in order to move to the next step, I had to stop everytime as I need to take a deep breath. My guide seems to be not affected at all by the thin air. He told me that it is only another 100 metres to reach Gillman Points, To me 100 metres seemed so far as I remembered like lifting a heavy stone in order to lift my leg & stop for every step. I was breathing very heavily & my guide keep on indicating to me to move forward . It was the first time in my whole life to have a feeling of Wanting to give up , but i have a stong will to continue . After all the heavy breathing & many stops, reached Gillman's Point & to my dismay I did experienced the mountain sickness too. I had vommitted immediately I reach the point, I had to stop before admiring the place & started taking a couple of shots.. I realized the sun is up & the guide adviced me to come down instead of to continue. I felt disappointed but I felt happy that I had met my goal, reaching the summit eventhough Gillman Points on 31st Aug. Well, after resting a while & seeing other climbers came down the summit , time for me to leave the place & started the descend.

real adventure,


Will continue on the journry to descend tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment