Sunday, July 5, 2009

Why Adventure travel ( Kilimanjaroo descend )

Hi morning for Eastern folks and evening for Western folks, I would like to describe what is it like to descend from the mountain. It was interesting as I saw gravel for the last couple of metres up the mountain & I was not aware of it when I was up in 3.00am in the morning & started the climb, This is what U called an eadventure travel as I had mentioned earlier we never know what to expect & we were not prepared for it. Walking on the gravel was not in our gruelsome training list a year ago, amazing isn't it. Much U had anticipated based on all the information , there are still something missing, but I am really glad & it is really something that I cannot describe. Now I understand how is it like being on the top even though I was not really at the summit, reaching Gillman's Point is wonderful enough for a M'sian, . The feeling which U cannot utter in words, only being there U feel it. I really encourage young M'sians & for all young & old from all walks of life in the world to venture this adventurous climb. OK so much for that. I would call as gliding down the gravel, I remembered my guide was holding my hand & usher me to glide down & of course it took us only few minutes to reach teh boulders, instead of hours in the morning. By then the sun is up we reach the base camp & everyone is already down & few folks had congratulated me for being able to survive the ordeal, again teh climbers praised me as I was from hot countries conquering the cold snowcapped mountain... I am so proud to write my name in the book for those who had reached the summit & Gillman's Point. Proudly I took teh pen given by my Guide & stared writing my Full name & my beloved country & the memorable date. I Azizah Abdul Aziz from Malaysia had reached Gillman's Point on 31st Aug 1997, ( And yes I have the certififcate) For those who had captured the mountain & will be capturing the mountain, U can search from the list of names. I was frantically looking for any M'sian, I did find one , If I am not mistaken one from KL. If the person happens to read my blog, pls. send me an email. For that day I was the happiest person & I was grateful to Allah that made my dream comes true.....I was not fortunate to reach Uhuru peak as it was late & I had acquired mountain sickness, search through Youtube & found the videos of the on the summit, It is a sharing for me & all of U

No comments:

Post a Comment